Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 11 June 2014

Dry.

After yesterday's dramatic weather (the surfinia flowers in the top baskets were ripped to shreds by the force of the rain) it was all change this morning with overcast skies and a chill in the air.  However once I had done my jobs and thrown some washing in the machine it began to brighten up.
I took myself off for a walk up the hill (strange how the camera flattens out what is really a very steep hill) and once I got up to the road I gave in to the temptation to carry on for a bit and walked down to Ashelford Corner before heading home.
Earlier I had been thinking that I hadn't seen the deer for a while when I saw one of them in the field settling down in the long grass for a rest. Even with the binoculars I could only just see the tops of its ears.
I've been working on the back patio again. Today I had to move a pile of stones before I could clean the paving but before that I had to clear the ground next to the paving of weeds and some very well established purple loosestrife. The loosestrife had been there for at least 10 years and the roots were like tree trunks. I had to use our big pry bar that I can hardly lift, to get them out. While I worked I began planning some planting around the back lawn. I'm not going for my garden 'vision' anymore but simply looking to make the garden look more presentable if we do go ahead and put the house on the market next year. Luckily I've got some stuff I can move around.

No comments: