Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 22 June 2014

Sunny.

I didn't need to walk up the hill today as we went for a walk around Morte Point instead. There was a cool breeze as we walked around the north side of the point but once we got around to the other side it felt very hot indeed. The sea really was this incredible blue with the underwater rocks looking turquoise. 
As it's now summer there were quite a few people out walking and watching the seals which could be seen from time to time. We stopped at our usual bench for a cup of coffee and to enjoy the beautiful view.
From our vantage point up on the cliffs we could see that Woolacombe beach was crowded and the car parks were full. Sadly for the surfers there were no waves though the sea at the Point was choppy.

Back home I made a start on weeding the scree garden. I had thought there were not many weeds but closer scrutiny revealed hundreds if not millions, okay a lot, of tiny seedlings growing in the gaps between the stones. I managed to get half of the path done, turning over nearly every stones and picking out the seedlings, dry leaves and more moss. I am almost thinking that it would be better to let the seedlings grow a bit so that they are easier to get hold of or is that me finding an excuse to get out of such back aching work? 
Peter barbecued some pork kebabs which we ate outside until the drop in temperature drove us back inside. There have been a lot more clouds today and it looks like this spell of good weather might be coming to an end.

1 comment:

Harriet said...

Lovely photos, thank you. Been working in my garden like a beaver. This morning we spread wood chips so the job is done. That is until I see the weeds peak through, then pull, pull until the next time.