Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 31 May 2014

Mostly Sunny.

After 6 weeks and 9 phone conversations with 2 hospitals trying to find out if I am actually in the system for my next spinal surgery today I had a letter, offering me an appointment with the consultant next Thursday.  I think everything fell apart when the consultant tried to help by saying that a phone call to his secretary would be sufficient so that I didn't have to travel all the way to Exeter simply to be told that yes I am suitable for the operation and that the risks are the same as lat time. Hopefully I will be moved right up the waiting list to wherever I would have been if I had been put on the list 5 months ago. If not then I will have to make a big fuss and go ahead with making an official complaint. After all I did everything I was asked to do.
This morning was spent sorting through things both from the kitchen cupboards and from the sitting room. At last I have been given the all clear to take 2 printers to the dump. 1 does need a new part but the other is working and only needs new ink cartridges but the cost of those is nearly the same as a new laser jet printer if I wanted  a printer. At the moment either Peter prints b&w for me or I do colour prints at school. Almost all my printing is for school anyway.
The sun was out in the afternoon so I set to work with the strimmer. The garden looks a bit bedraggled now as the grass on the paths had grown a foot or more. Last time I tried to strim I found I needed a new part (which only took a couple of days to arrive) but then it rained and rained and the grass kept on growing. I also did some mowing though Peter says he will do the rest tomorrow.

No comments: