Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 22 May 2014

Wet.

The promised rain arrived today. At first, this morning it was just a gentle drizzle and I drove to work wondering why there had been an amber weather alert. We had a couple of heavy showers during the day but now the heavens have opened and I can hear the rain drumming on the conservatory roof.
After being in such a good mood yesterday I find that today I feel tired, disorganised and out of control. With my part-time hours I can hardly blame my mood on end of half-term tiredness and it's only been a 5 week half-term. I have been given detailed planning for all the activities the children will be doing but the problems start when I try to set things up. It's been a while since I was regularly in that class so to start with I'm not sure where things are meant to be. It is nice that the children have access to a large variety of equipment and most of the class are good at putting away things they have been using but there are several children with specific behavioral difficulties who take things and post them everywhere. Every tray you pull out has got such a jumble of things in it. On top of that, recently we had some building work done which resulted in the loss of the main storage alcove and nobody is too sure where all the things stored there are. I'm not the only one feeling like this which is a small consolation but I wish that none of us felt like this. I'm more organised for tomorrow so we should have a better day. 
The teacher who is getting married this weekend had a another surprise today, this time organised by her teaching assistants and the children's mums. They set up a wedding party in the classroom. (She's not coming in to work tomorrow.) A table was set up with a proper 2 tier wedding cake baked and iced by one of the mums and a second iced dairy-free cake as there is a child in the class who can't eat dairy products as well as fruit, waffles and other party food. Not only was the classroom decorated but the railings on either side of the ramp up to the classroom were decorated with greenery, arum lilies, other flowers and purple ribbons just like a church and the children came dressed up, many in bridesmaids' dresses or pageboy suits. They had a real party day. Her wedding isn't until Sunday in a hotel overlooking the beach so hopefully the weather will be lovely for her.

No comments: