Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 2 May 2014

Dry.

 I've been at school all day today and considering how little sleep I had last night (just one of those things) the day went remarkably well. With the younger children you are kept constantly on the go and the time simply flies by. In the afternoon after a quiet morning, in terms of the way the children sat on the carpet and focused on the weighing we were doing and also how they lined up and went into the hall for assembly, I thought I would go for an even calmer afternoon. So I did the afternoon register in a whisper and the children whispered back, they thought that was great fun and it was helpful for those children who have a tendency to be a bit boisterous and also for the children with specific behaviour difficulties. That set the tone for the rest of the afternoon and we had a very calm phonics lesson. We finished the day with outdoor pe with bats, balls, beanbags and quoits when the children had a chance to burn up some energy though once again I did focus on their listening skills as well as the physical activity. It's nice when a day does go so calmly and everyone including the adults leaves with a smile on their face. 
After work I walked into town for a wander round and a visit to the library. It was only when I put my books into the scanner at the library that I saw I had brought along my Sudoku book by mistake. I took out a couple of new books and renewed the ones I had at home. 
When I got home I walked up to the ponies' field to get a photo of the new goose family. I met Sarah as she was coming up to get Coral and Boris and we had  a bit of a chat. Boris' sire is an all white Dartmoor pony and Sarah thinks that Boris may well grow up to be white too.

No comments: