Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 27 May 2014

Dry.

It's been a dry day, mainly overcast but we did have some sun in the middle of the day and it's shining again right now. Last night I couldn't get to sleep so rather than listen to yet another programme about the EU election I went downstairs and slapped on a third coat of varnish on the tiles.
I've spent most of the day laying yet more tiles. It took a long time  because there was a lot of fiddly cutting to do. No right angles in this old Devon farmhouse. I took a break in the middle of the day to drive the rubbish up to the road. This part of the road looks even more like a garden as my neighbour has been doing some extra mowing.
There was enough time left at the end of the day to finish off the weeding in the new veg patch. All that is left to do is to move a couple of paving slabs and get on with the planting. 


No comments: