Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 18 May 2014

Sunny.

We've had another sunny day. The kind of day which could lull you into thinking we are at the start of a long hot summer. But the reality is that our reliably unreliable  weather changes in an instant and the forecast is for possible rain tonight. Bearing that in mind I had a couple of jobs that I wanted to get done before the weather breaks so I've had a busy day. My joints tend to seize up when I'm working so I alternated between digging and weeding the new vegetable plot and bringing in the cut wood and stacking it in the fireplace. I didn't stop until the wood was all stacked and a fair bit of the weeding has been done. While I did that Peter finished off the mowing.
As it was a good drying day I got bedding washed, dried and ironed. I also aired a lot of tops and some dresses. These were from one of my many storage boxes. There are 2 reasons why I have a lot of clothes. Firstly my weight tends to go up and down every 5 or 6 years so I have clothes in a variety of sizes and secondly I don't like to  get rid of things, maybe because I have always had to be careful with money. This morning I went through a box that was filled with clothing that I can now wear. 
The only thing that I ran out of time for was sitting out in the sun and reading my book but jobs come first. 

No comments: