Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 23 May 2014

Wet.

We had even more heavy rain this morning and I drove to work along very wet roads. Luckily it eased off during the day though we didn't get much in the way of sunshine.
I had a better day at work, felt more in control of what I was doing and got through most of the day's planned activities. I had a 'serious talk' with the children about how sad all the adults were with the mess in the classroom and with some prompting they did a much better job of tidying up. In the afternoon we did our PE in the hall and we had an active but quiet time which was a good end to the day.
I didn't feel like going into town after work and came straight home after the parent who had blocked me in in the staff car park finally came back to her car.  Parents are not supposed to bring their cars into the school grounds so that was a bit annoying. 
I stopped on the lane home to take a few more pictures of my 'country garden'. A neighbour came along in her car so we had a bit of a chat. We heard a couple of days ago that the wind turbine planning application appeal was turned down which was good news for all of us. I'm all for green energy but this was just an attempt to cash in on the high subsidies being given out by the govt (and none of them have any links to wind turbine companies, ha-ha). 
When I got home the rayburn engineer was finishing up after having spent 3 hours trying to work out why the rayburn had suddenly gone out yesterday. Peter was with him all the time and said that he tested everything thoroughly and eventually concluded that the sudden drop in pressure and change of wind direction was enough to blow out the flame. Another bill to pay.
At least I can relax for a while as we are now on a week's half-term holiday. Hopefully I will get lots done at home.

2 comments:

Harriet said...

Lovely photos, Ruta, I think you will get a lot done. I like the way you talked to your students about their mess. I think you must be a caring good teacher.

happyone said...

I just love the lane. So very pretty.