Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 20 May 2014

Mostly Sunny.

I drove to work in a light drizzle this morning but it got sunnier later on. The ponies are all out in the fields overnight now so as I drove up the hill Coral and Boris were on one side of me and 3 more ponies in the field on the other side. The goose family were there too. Only 5 goslings now but they are becoming goose shaped rather than balls of fluff. There were even some pheasants including 1 kamikaze hen standing on the road. So many creatures and I hadn't even left the valley. 
Coming home after a morning of teaching the reception children and then PE with a Year 2 class in the afternoon it felt a lot warmer. I opened the windows in my car before I set off which wasn't the best idea as it was very cold whenever I drove under the clouds. My car does not have electric windows so I was stuck with a cold draft until I stopped to take some photos. Looking across the countryside I could see pale yellow fields where the farmers had made their first cut of silage last weekend when it was hot and dry. 
Ever since Peter adjusted the sight on the airsoft rifle the rooks have been very quick to leave the trees by the house when they see us coming. They obviously did not like getting pinged by the pellets.


1 comment:

happyone said...

Love the purple iris. So pretty.
Always like the country road pictures.