Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 7 May 2014

Windy.

Off to the hospital again this morning for my sore hips. When I looked at my paperwork it has been a whole year since my last appointment where I saw a different consultant, had injections that didn't work and went down the route of physiotherapy and hydrotherapy. Even today I wasn't sure if I was going to see the top guy so it was a pleasant surprise to find that myself in his room after only waiting for about 5 minutes. It turns out that he prefers to give a stronger, longer lasting injection to the one usually used. The reason other doctors tend not to use it is that it can cause some atrophy of the fat at the injection site which results in dimpling. I'm lucky genetically not to have cellulite but I told him that dimpling was fine. After all I'm not planning a new career as a swimwear model. The injections weren't too bad though they are still stinging 8 hours later. (No pain, no gain?) We had a pleasant chat about children and schooling while he was doing the injections as I teach the children of one of his doctor friends. That's the small town thing I like about living here. As I was walking out of the hospital I met another of my pupils who was there with his mother who works in our office so we had a chat on our way out.
I refuse to pay to park at the hospital so my car was 5 minutes walk away very close to where the ponies had escaped from the other day. Above was where I left my car to divert the ponies back down their drive on the right. 
These are the fields the ponies came from. You can see that this place is on the very edge of town.
And looking back up the road towards the hospital which is just out of sight on the right.
After my appointment I had a few hours before I had to go back to school for the staff meeting. As I had been instructed to rest that's what I did, in front of the pc and then the tv. Not very constructive but I felt like a break. Back to school for the staff meeting, diary dates this time. It seems like the summer term has just started and already we are making plans for all the end of term events; sports' day, a street party, performances, leavers' assembly and parent evenings.

2 comments:

happyone said...

Hope those injections work and your hips will be feeling better.

Harriet said...

I truly appreciate you answering my questions/comments. Here's hoping your injection gives you lasting relief. Love the photos....candy for my eyes. Glad you were able to give aid to the ponies. Curious, adventurous animals will always find a way out. Helpful people will always find a way to help...animal, vegetable or mineral.