Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 21 May 2014

Sunny.

I've had a really lovely day today. First of all there was no being woken up at the crack of dawn as Peter has taken the rest of the week off to tie in with the Bank Holiday weekend, just a shame I am working all day tomorrow and Friday.
When I did get up this morning not only was the sun shining but I didn't need to do my exercises as I had done them late last night (11.15). Peter had dropped off to sleep immediately as usual but his intermittent snoring was so loud that I couldn't get to sleep and I thought I could put my time to better use than just listening to the radio through my headphones. Eventually I get so tired that I fall asleep even with the snoring.
Having had a nice relaxed start to the morning I did my usual housework and then it was time to go into town to meet a friend for a chat accompanied by raspberry & white chocolate cheesecake and coffee. I was turning into the school car park when I saw my friend walking down the road so I called out to her in an un-ladylike fashion and we walked into town together.
Then I went back to school for a surprise lunchtime celebration for one of the teachers who is getting married this weekend. Needless to say I  broke my diet again and had some Camembert with my healthy raw vegetables and hummus and it would have been rude not to have eaten a scone with clotted cream and jam. There was the usual debate about jam or cream first. As I'm Cornish born I am entitled to go for jam first then cream while the true Devon way is cream first then jam. Either way it is delicious.
Then when everyone went back to work for the afternoon I drove over to BJ's to buy lots of surfinias for my hanging baskets. I've gone for the same as last year, 2 baskets each of hot pink, purple and burgundy. I've grown lobelia from seed and out of lots of seed sown 6 nemophila have germinated but I'll wait until they are a bit bigger before putting them in the baskets. I was very tempted by a petunia with deep, true black flowers but it wasn't trailing, was expensive and wouldn't really have gone with my colour scheme. I also dropped into B&Q to check out their plants and came out with a couple of packs of petunias in burgundy and purple which were reduced as they hadn't been watered properly and some of the plants had dried up. Then it was time to go back to school for a staff meeting on literacy before coming home to plant up all my hanging baskets. At the moment the hedgerows are so lush and colourful it feels like I am driving on a wide path through somebody's garden. 

No comments: