Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 19 May 2014

Wet.

There I was happily weeding in the bright sun and enjoying a cooling breeze when down came the rain. Luckily I was already up in the hens' run so I quickly took down the washing and ran for shelter. For the rest of the day we've had heavy rain, light showers and brief spells of muggy sun. I kept an ear open for thunder as it had been forecast but not a rumble did I hear. 
Instead I occupied myself with housework. I had planned to clear all the crockery from the old pine cupboard in the kitchen so that Peter could help me move it. I was going to start laying the new cork tiles tomorrow afternoon when I got home from work but then I had a phone call asking me to work the afternoon as well. My only other free time this week is Wednesday afternoon and I'm not too sure about that so I shall wait until the weekend. I don't really want to have all the crockery from the cupboard out until then.

No comments: