Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 14 May 2014

Sunny Again.

Yesterday Peter still hadn't got home at 7.15 so I decided to take myself for an evening walk. Naturally I met Peter when I was halfway up the hill but it was so nice that I carried on with my stroll. Boris is loosing his baby fluff and his coat underneath does have a lot of white hairs. I wonder if he will grow to be a speckly grey colour or pure white?
Looking across the valley the horses were being taken out to their field. A little later I saw them racing around like a herd of wild horses. 

Under the trees at Ashelford Corner the wild garlic is flowering. 
I love driving home through this tunnel. Even after all these years out of the city I still am amazed at the beauty of my daily journey to work. 
At the top of our hill I was able to enjoy the views and listen to the song of skylarks away from those noisy rooks. 
Today I worked in the afternoon. We had a great PE lesson out on the field playing non-stop cricket with a Year 2 class. After school the staff meeting was a practical session looking at and having a go at a teaching dance  DVD that included music and 'how to' clips covering different genres of dance from Bangra to Hip Hop, The Charleston and Lindy Hop. It was so difficult and funny trying to co-ordinate hand and foot movements. 
(Still from yesterday.)

2 comments:

Harriet said...

Thank you for naming your flowers. I, too, have "slips" given to me that I treasure. I recently divided Hosta for my son that originated in Ohio from my beloved Aunt Stella and my beloved sister, Liz, moved here to Michigan then moved from our lst house to this house and now to Jackson, MI for my son and Roseville, MI for my daughter.

The tunnel is breathtaking....thank you so much for sharing your world with all of us. Such a treat!!

happyone said...

You really do have a beautiful drive. Love the tunnel.