Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 1 May 2014

Teaching All Day.

For the last few weeks I've been seeing only one goose up on the field and I assumed that sadly it had lost its mate. But this morning as I was driving up the hill to work there were both geese and 6 fluffy goslings, so sweet. It was pouring with rain so I was quite happy to be going to work and earning an extra day's pay. The cloud level was down to the tops of the hills and going past the entrance to the Muddiford valley there was also a small individual cloud below the cloud layer. At school I worked with my usual reception class and we had a day of comparing size,  length and weight. 
The rain dried up by lunchtime though as I drove home I could see the clouds rolling in from the sea. 
The occasional gap in the cloud cover lit up the countryside which is leaving behind the drab winter browns and greys and slowly turning green. 

1 comment:

happyone said...

I saw only one goose today too and worried about it's mate! Hope tomorrow they find each other again.