Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 30 April 2014

A Little Rain.

We woke up this morning to a white world. A thick blanket of fog filled the valley and we couldn't even see out of the garden. That was when Peter left for work but I just went back to sleep for another hour. When I did get up the fog had gone and looking out of the window I saw a female deer close to the garden. I had to look carefully before I could see that she was on our side of the deer fence.  Deer can do a lot of damage in a garden but she soon disappeared off into the trees. It stayed overcast and dry all morning so I went out and weeded the ornamental grasses up by the scree garden. I had to dig down to remove the roots of a wandering grass which meant the gravel got a bit messed up but that's better than having the wrong grass popping up through the gravel.
I'm still finding it strange to be going to work for the end of the day. We had a staff meeting sharing ideas on how we record what the children have done and how the children can assess themselves and each other. 
It rained a little as I was driving to school and a bit more on the return journey. It looks as if the fog is returning to the hills.

1 comment:

happyone said...

Looks like our weather here.