Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 11 April 2014

Sunny.

He's finally home, after 18 months of wandering. Poor Sally is still suffering with something she picked up while they were away so she's stayed in Portsmouth with her parents. I collected Vytas from the station in the afternoon. I had to meet 2 trains because although he got on the right train it was only the front carriages going to Exeter and he was on the bit that would be heading for Bristol. Luckily he realised that the train had split and got off before going off in the wrong direction but that meant him arriving an hour later. That might have been a good time for me to have my mobile phone on me instead of which I had to use the call box to phone home. I so rarely need to use my mobile phone that it is often left at home. I just went and had a wander around Tescos which is next to the station anyway.
We came home through Muddiford so that I could show Vytas the Dalek in the garden on the left hand side of the photo. 
We couldn't decide if this was an original from the series or a very good copy. 
It was such a hot day that we left the car doors open to let it cool off. Unfortunately the forecast is for colder wetter weather which is a shame after such a lovely day. I did get some pressure washing done up by the scree garden before I went off to get Vytas. Vytas has been out for a run and soon it will be time for supper and tales of his travels.

2 comments:

happyone said...

Glad to hear that Vytas is home safely. Sorry about Sally though and hope she's better soon.

I hardly ever use my mobile phone either but always have it with me. I'm afraid that the one time I need it, I won't have it.

Harriet said...

From America to Vytas...Welcome Home. Thank you for the photo of the dalek....neat!!! Enjoy your visit with Vytas.