Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 1 April 2014

Sunny.

It's been a beautiful day today. If only we had more days like this during our so-called summer. There is nothing I like better than to open up the windows in the morning and when this is the view out of the back room window  with the sunlight glinting off the stream I can only give thanks for this wonderful world. It was a shame to tear myself away from the garden to go to work in the afternoon and today I left even earlier so that I could drive to the post office first. Usually I would go after school but then I would be stuck in THE TRAFFIC JAM the whole way there. I had a nice afternoon at school though the children were quite excited because they were having their Easter Bonnet/crown parade after playtime. The sun shone the whole time for them, unlike yesterday when they too had thunder and rain.
On the way home I stopped just outside of Shirwell to take some photos of the daffodils that have been planted by the road. Daffodils are out all over the place and in town the magnolia trees are looking at their best right now. 
I had stopped in the gateway of Youlston Park which was once the home of Mary Chichester. 
Looking across the road I could see Exmoor in the distance behind the village of Bratton Flemming. The yellow primroses and celandines show up well at the edge of the field. At home I carried on the digging up of dandelions from the small lawn (?) at the side of the house. The tally when I stopped was 376 dandelions. The poor lawn is now a mass of holes and bumps but I'll stomp it flat when I finish.

2 comments:

happyone said...

Oh everything is so green and pretty. Love all those daffodils. Can't wait for them to be out here by me.
Sunny and warm here today. : )

Harriet said...

Your photos are a feast for sore eyes. We are in the early stages of Spring in Michigan. I am daily uncovering my rose bush that is showing green and my hydrangea that is showing leaf buds. My neighbor's crocus are up and soon I will be fighting their awful squill that continues to invade my garden.