Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 20 April 2014

Rain Returns.

 Easter Greetings to Everyone.
I was awake early this morning (not intentionally), and saw a bright streak of orange in the sky before the day lapsed into uniform grayness. It was very peaceful listening to the Sunrise Service on the radio before I got up. As it is Easter I didn't want the day to slip into the same old routine of work, work and more work so once I had tidied up the kitchen I turned to a task that was for my own pleasure - refurbishing all the wind chimes. With almost constant wind from one direction or other I can usually hear the ringing of at least one set of chimes (I'm not keen on the bamboo ones). That is if the paddle or the metal tubes haven't fallen off. 
All the chimes needed a wash to get rid of the green algae and then it was just a matter of finding the fallen off pipes and restringing them. Oh and making new paddles by cutting slices of small log on the circular saw,-very cautiously. It did take most of the afternoon but now they are all hanging back in the garden, clean if not all complete but in working order.
 When I went out earlier Boris who is the youngest pony was having a lie down ......
and so too was Lemon who has to be one of Sarah's oldest ponies. I can remember the boys riding him 17 or 18 years ago. 
Soft rain set in at lunchtime giving the garden a welcome watering.

No comments: