Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 17 April 2014

Overcast.

Each day it has taken a little longer for the grey skies to clear and today it was overcast for the whole day. I even thought it was going to rain at one point which was worrying as our duvet cover was hanging on the line. Luckily it stayed dry and the freshly ironed cover is back on our duvet on the bed. 
I've had a busy day. The first job was to finish putting in the screws to hold down the shed roof. Next I cleared the shed and using an old pallet and bricks made a platform to stack the logs on. Although the shed has a concrete floor it does get damp so I needed to keep the logs off the floor. Then it was time to stack ..... and stack...... and stack. I didn't think the job would ever end but eventually the last log went in the shed which I think we can officially call the wood shed now. I was feeling pleased with myself until I remembered that there a still a couple of barrow loads of logs in the garden and a whole pile of branches outside the conservatory. They are small enough to cut with the circular saw but that's not an urgent job. I still want to have a good tidy up of the space outside the shed which I plan to do soon.

1 comment:

happyone said...

You got a good workout stacking all that wood. : )