Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 19 April 2014

Sunny.

Today's morning sun was quite deceptive as the wind was a lot colder than yesterday. My optimistic donning of shorts and t-shirt was definitely not the right choice. By the late afternoon the wind had changed direction and brought warmer air from the south but it was still cool in the breeze.
However it was still good to be working outside and for most of the time I have been pressure washing the paving around the scree garden. There's still more to do and as ever I keep seeing garden jobs that also need to be done asap. The sight of weeds flowering in the veg patch was too much for me and I took the time to clear them before they went to seed.
When I stopped for a lunch break on the premise that a change is as good as a rest I had a tidy up around the wood shed. All this sunshine has been so uplifting, giving me energy to get on with the never ending jobs around the place. Every time I look out of a window I get another boost. Right now the evening sun is lighting up the first green beech leaves in the hedge and what from a distance looks like new green leaves on the willow trees in the field but are actually the newly opened catkins. 
Life is good.

2 comments:

happyone said...

I've been out working in the garden today too. Trying to get everything pruned and tidied up.
Ken will be building out raised beds for the herb garden I will be planting.
Beautiful photos.

Harriet said...

The dandylion and bee made me smile....Spring.....Life is good!!