Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 4 April 2014

Mostly Sunny.

My morning check of FB informed me that Vytas and Sally are flying back as I type. I had thought they were returning next Friday but this is the end of their year and a half of travelling, at least for the time being. I will miss their photos and updates of their travels though hopefully they will come and visit us. 
The day started with  some rain but as soon as it stopped I was out again sawing away at that tree. I managed to cut completely through the join between the 2 trees but although it dropped slightly the tree still didn't fall. I'm sure you couldn't balance a tree like that if you tried. It has been rocking gently in the breeze so now I am keeping my fingers crossed for a few good gusts of wind to bring it down. It's not tall enough to reach the house so it doesn't really matter which way it falls unless I happen to be in the way. (It's the one in the middle of the photo.)
After the excitement of finally getting through the tree and a couple of quick dashes to a place of safety when it started to rock I kept right out of the way and cut back the santolina bushes growing in the wall around the yard. I've cut back all of the soft grey growth so at the moment they look like a row of spiky brown hedgehogs (with a little imagination).  
The weather became quite nice in the afternoon so after my gardening I wrapped up and sat outside to read while I waited for the tree to fall, which it hasn't yet. 
Peter went off to the doctor's this morning for an injection in his knee. It turns out that as well as his current arthritic attack he has also managed to sprain a tendon above his elbow so he has got acute tendonitis.Poor chap.  

Last night's sunset. The Saharan dust pollution is not supposed to have reached this corner of the UK but I'm wondering if it had something to do with the purple tinge to the sky. 


1 comment:

happyone said...

That sunset is spectacular!!