Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 14 April 2014

Sunny Again.

Summer feels just around the corner with another day of bright sunshine. I saw the first swallow inspecting the outbuildings yesterday and the trees are only days away from opening their leaves, in fact I can see some patches of lime green almost glowing in the boundary hedge.
Vytas has been cutting down the smaller stuff growing from the bank today and the difference is amazing. There was so much evening sun that it has burnt out part of the solitary tree in the above photo and most of the same tree in the photo below.  
The pile of logs by the shed grows ever larger leading to thoughts of warm winter fires. 
Later in the afternoon I took Vytas down to Woolacombe so that he run on the beach, Puts and back of course.  
I sat on a bench (the one this couple below were occupying)  and enjoyed the feel of the sun and the crash of the waves as I read my book. I had ventured out in shorts and flip-flops though I was glad that I was also wearing a bodywarmer. I really need to get some new shorts as my 'good enough to wear out' shorts are a little bit too big for me now.
I would be happy to spend hours in such lovely surroundings but we had a potato, cabbage, cheese and bacon casserole waiting for us at home. I may succumb and have a little though I have actually got a salad waiting for me.

1 comment:

happyone said...

Beautiful pictures. Love that last one especially.