Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 26 April 2014

April Showers.

Its been a day of frequent heavy showers and brief spells of warm sunshine. I went outside whenever it wasn't raining though sometimes by the time I had put on my coat and boots the rain had started up once more. 
I did lots of bits of weeding around the place. The weeds came up easily as the ground was so soft after all the rain.  
When it was too wet to be outside I got on with housework. Having sparkling clean windows in the kitchen gave me the incentive to clean more windows so today I tackled my 2 favourite windows. The floor length windows in the sitting room which give such lovely views when I am playing the piano or sat at the PC. That led on to cleaning up the concrete path around the back of the house. It was handy having the stream there so that I could throw  buckets of water over the concrete to sweep away the moss, mud and leaves which had accumulated there. Right now I can see the sun shining through the leaves on the sole beech tree on the bank, very pretty even if the sky is grey.

1 comment:

happyone said...

Things looking very pretty around by you.
I really should tackle my windows too.