Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 23 April 2014

Sun and Showers.

The trees and hedges are turning green once more. The older beech trees take a little longer to get going than the younger hedges.
It's the first day of the summer term and I have to get used to a new routine. I'll be teaching all day on Fridays and go to the staff meetings after school on Wednesdays. It seemed strange to be getting ready for work so late in the afternoon and a bit of a nightmare driving into the school grounds at the same time as all the parents were arriving to collect their children. There were toddlers wandering across the drive, parents not looking and all the junior school children who finish a little earlier roaming around. I think I'll arrive a bit earlier in future and join the other reception teachers in their planning afternoon. As it happened the staff meeting this afternoon was cancelled but it was still good to talk to the teacher whose class I'll be teaching on Fridays. Instead I drove across town and shopped at Lidl's, Tescos and then the Co-op. Lidl's has the best all round prices, Tescos has clothes and sometimes their reductions are more than token and the Co-op has 75% reductions around 5.00. I did buy another top for work, yet another sleeveless, long flowing top but it wasn't black! Well just a little bit but lots of bright colours too. I got lots of really good bargains too: mozzarella cheese, feta cheese, falafel, yoghurts, cold meats, pizzas, hot cross buns and fresh meat to list just some. I shan't need to do any major food shopping for weeks now.
The box I put my tins in has already been occupied as a cat house.

No comments: