Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 28 April 2014

Dry.

Despite the forecast being for showers the morning was warm and sunny. I got lots of weeding done with my new gloves which the postman had brought me on Saturday. My old orange work gloves had not so much got holes in the finger tips as no finger tips at all so I had ordered myself another pair.   
Thinking that it was going to rain when I wrote my jobs list I had decided to start tidying up the sitting room fireplace which I did at lunchtime to give my back a rest from weeding. We burnt up the last bits of wood yesterday evening so it was time to carefully (wood fire and white curtains is not the ideal combination) clear up all the twigs and bits of bark and then hoover up all the remaining dust. I do like returning the fireplace to a fairly clean condition but I enjoy a warm wood fire too. 
Foolishly I then decided to temp fate by first hanging out some washing, then donning shorts to cut the grass. Naturally the sky clouded over and the temperature dropped dramatically. I cut 2 lawns before calling it a day and bringing the washing in to hang over the rayburn. I really thought it was going to rain but it has stayed dry, if grey for the rest of the afternoon. All in all it has been a good day's work.
As I drove the rubbish up to the road I saw that Boris was wearing his headcollar at last.  

1 comment:

happyone said...

I really like the whole wall of stone by your fireplace.
Sounds like a good productive day.