Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 16 April 2014

Sunny.

If it wasn't for the sharp wind today could have been mistaken for high summer. But the wind was good for drying the sheets out on the line so I'm not complaining.
The last 5 days have been wonderful, Vytas has been home, the weather great, lots of heavy work done and superb meals eaten. It was only sad that Peter was suffering so much with his arthritis attack and Sally wasn't well enough to visit.
Here is Vytas making a few sandwiches to eat on the train to Portsmouth. Once I had driven him to the station I went into town to do a bit of shopping. I found myself a pair of shorts to wear when we go out walking, only 3 sizes smaller than last year's shorts. 
Once home I got started on the shed roof. I was a bit disappointed to find that the roofing sheets were flimsier that the ones we had before but I had picked the cheaper version. I've put up the sheets but I still need to put in lots more of the special screws to hold them securely in place.

No comments: