Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 29 April 2014

Mostly Dry.


It was overcast but dry in the morning so I was able to get on with the weeding. I was happy scrambling around on my giant rockery searching out the smallest weed and now I can say that it is pretty much weed free. At least for a few days before the next lot of seeds germinate. When I first planted it up I left myself a set of steps using flattish rocks that were already there but sometimes I just have to climb over the bank, balancing where I can and trying not to flatten too many plants.
The sun came out in the afternoon so when the weeding was done I sat down for a late afternoon lunch/read. Naturally the sun went in but I just put on a bodywarmer and stuck it out. After doing some admin and my exercises I thought I'd do a bit more gardening. As I put my boots back on down came some rain! Luckily it didn't last very long and I was able to go and dig over the veg patch. I'm tempted to try some beans again even though I don't do very well with my veg, mainly because I try to keep my use of slug pellets to a minimum. 

No comments: