Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 2 April 2014

Grey.

It was a very different day today. After some heavy rain in the night it was cooler, grey and dreary looking in the morning. I filled my morning with extra housework, washing my hair and some admin before going in to work. At school I worked with the reception children and spent some of the afternoon working with 1 child at a time encouraging them as they wrote a letter to Polly Pig describing some of the wolf-proof features of the houses they had made. As it was 'final outcomes' writing my task was to help them remember the sentences they were writing and to keep them focused rather than helping them with the letters/sounds they needed. The children were able to write a lot of the sounds and it was possible to read the extended sentences they had written. That's quite good going for 4&5 year olds. We were due to have a staff meeting after school but it was cancelled so I was able to get home nice and early. I had thought about doing some gardening but the rain started to fall as I got home so I abandoned that plan.
Cherry blossom out in school.

1 comment:

happyone said...

Love the photo. Sure looks like spring.