Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 10 April 2014

Sunny.

Today I found out that it is not a good idea to leave drain rods permanently fitted together and down a land drain to make it easier to clear said land drain when it get blocked. Because when you need to unscrew a couple of rods to clear a different drain of gravel you find that the rods won't unscrew. Now the whole caboodle is lying on the lawn waiting for someone with strong hands to unscrew the rods. Silly me! 
One of the joys of being on holiday from school is that I can have a leisurely start to the day before  getting on with the day's work. And how nice to be able to see the foal skipping about in the field from the kitchen. Today I started by picking out every twig, stalk and leaf from the raised gravel bed before having the fun of putting all my beach stones back. Each one had to be carefully positioned with other stones of the same type and colour. I'm almost looking forward to having some rain to see them at their best.
After that it was time to get on with pressure washing the slabs by the side of the house, all 200 sq ft of them. For a lot of the time it was nice and sunny and I made sure to take a coffee break during a sunny spell. 

No comments: