Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 18 April 2014

Sunny.

It wasn't just the lovely sunny weather that had me smiling all day. It was the news from Vytas (he phoned last night), that he has already got a job. He's only been back in the country for 2 weeks so that's pretty amazing in itself given the current economic climate and the lack of any jobs for young people. But it's even better, he will be working on the same thing he did for his PhD which is bonding wafers. One level up from nanotechnology is all I know about the subject. And ..... he will be working at place halfway between Oxford and Newbury so he will be much closer to us than before. About 2 1/2 hours drive away so hopefully we will see them more often. How good is all that?
I started my working day by collecting up all the remaining logs, all 6 wheelbarrow loads and stacking them in the woodshed. By the end it was a bit like a 3D puzzle and I don't think I could fit another twig in there. 
Up in the field Boris was having a lazy afternoon in the sun. He had spent the morning racing around the field building up his muscles. He is much braver now and instead of cantering in small circles around Coral he races all over the place. 

After a long lunch break out in the sun and some emergency weeding of dandelions that had been catching my eye as I went back and forth with the wood, I went back to pressure washing. 
The slabs up by the scree garden are much easier to clean than the ones down by the house so I got a lot done in just a couple of hours. 
It's quite satisfying to see the difference as I clean off a year's growth of algae and lichen from the paving slabs. Pressure washing in shorts especially when parts of the mortar are missing does make you very mucky so it was off for an early shower before blogging and supper. A good day today.

2 comments:

happyone said...

Oh that is good new about Vytas. I wish him well in his new job. : )

Harriet said...

Congratulations to Vytas....glad you and Peter will be able to see him and Sally. Family is so important ... sharing, caring and loving.