Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 10 May 2014

Windy.

Just a brief post Eurovision post (the winner wasn't our choice). Gale force winds have bee blowing all day, so much so that the internet went down in the afternoon. The whole area was affected and we were told it wouldn't be back until the middle of tomorrow but it came back on this evening. My internet had been on at the time and I was pleased to find that my on-line jigsaw continued to respond. I'm in the middle of a 442 piece puzzle so that would have kept me going for some time. The trees have been lashing about so wildly that I moved my car in case some branches do break off.
We had a lot of rain today but there were enough dry spells for me to get out and do some gardening. I leave most of the garden plants to grow naturally but there are a few which I have to support with sticks and if I didn't put string around the 5ft giant crocosmia they would flop right across the drive. I'm trying a few vegetables again this year and today I sowed some french beans in the ground and some runner beans in pots to try and give them a fighting chance against the slugs.

No comments: