Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 6 May 2014

Breezy.

It was a bright and breezy day so Peter and I went down to Barricane Beach for some sea air. The tide was in so we couldn't go for much of a walk or explore the rock pools but it was good to be out breathing in the ozone. The array of the shells on the beach depends on conditions out at sea and today there were a lot of whole shells of various sorts. I like to collect the shiny purple, white and gold shells (some kind of oyster) and sea glass for craft projects and just because I like them.
As it is not yet the holiday season there were only 4 or 5 other groups of people on the beach. Being lucky enough to live so close to the sea we are a little spoiled and don't enjoy it as much when the beach is packed full of people. The beach cafe, which is a converted shipping container is back again and we plan to treat ourselves to a Sri Lankan curry there on the next dry weekend we are free. (Next Saturday it's the Eurovision song contest so we'll be staying home for that.) I always thought that the cafe was brought down the path on a trailer but I found out today that they lower it over the side of the cliff with a crane.
Looking down at Woolacombe Beach we could see that they were digging on the beach. Not someone digging for treasure, Peter's suggestion or somebody getting in some practice for the annual sandcastle competition, my idea but  they were taking sand to build up the beach in front of the main sand dunes, presumably to protect them from erosion by the sea.
Coming home I planned to hang out the washing but a big black cloud appeared and then we had a lot of rain. Instead I put the washing over the rayburn for a while and then ironed dry my favourite duvet cover while watching a film. The rain has stopped now but I'm happy that our bed has fresh ironed sheets.
I saw the female deer in the field again in the afternoon. 

1 comment:

happyone said...

Oh wow, love that second picture!!!