Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 13 May 2014

Sunny.

I had just finished my morning jobs and made some coffee when the phone rang. Could I come to school asap to cover for someone who was off sick? It took me 45 mins to get to work as I simply had to wash my hair. It's not that I'm fanatical about my appearance but I don't bother to wash my hair if I'm just going to be working outside with my hair covered up, (I used to wear a scarf but neck tubes are so much easier), and my hair did not look good. Rushed in to work and then found there had been a bit of a mix up and I wasn't needed until the afternoon. They did offer for me to stay for the morning and they would find me something to do but I was happy to go back home and hang out the washing that I had put in the machine. I had time to fit in an hour of digging and weeding in the chickens' run so the morning didn't feel wasted.
I had been told that the children were due to do PE in the afternoon so I found a pair of track suit bottoms that fitted (actually were a little too big) so that I could at least look the part. Sigh of relief on my part when I went back at lunchtime and found that the lesson had been changed and the children were going to make a start on thinking about their special memories of their time in school as they will be moving up to the junior school after the summer holiday. I thought it was sweet the way, despite all the trips, performances seen and taken part in and themed days a lot of them felt that meeting their friends for the first time was  the event they remembered the best.
It's been a lovely sunny, windy day and the washing was dry by the time I got home. I did my exercises, 3 mins, 4 mins & 6 mins of the plank - (my bingo wings have almost disappeared), ironed and made the bed back up and the sun is still shining. Peter however phoned to say he was stuck in traffic, 30 mins to travel 1 mile. As well as the usual traffic jam because of the road works there was also an accident on the Link Road. He had parked and was going to check out the back streets or if that was no good just read his book. That was an hour ago and he still isn't home.
 Closed.
Open.

3 comments:

Harriet said...

Okay, Ruta, I am stumped....blue flower---bachelor button?, pink...no idea, yellow....no idea. Please help. I love the photos, I love your flowers and I truly love trying to name them.

Ruta M. said...

It's a perennial cornflower, Centaurea -Montana Luc Viatator. It's low growing and has greyish leaves. It was given to me by a lovely lady when I started my garden nearly 20 years ago. It's hardy and doesn't get munched by the slugs.

Ruta M. said...

The yellow flowers are a scented azealea which makes a bush about 3ft high at the moment and the pink flowers are London Pride. That just keeps on growing and slowly spreading. The green leaf rosettes stay all through the year.