Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 29 May 2014

Cold.

It's been a cold wet day so there was no temptation to go outside. But at last the kitchen floor is done -almost. 1 or possibly 2 more coats of varnish this evening and then the only thing to do is to pull out the fridge and slot in the tiles that go underneath it. I have already cut and varnished them so hopefully that will be a simple job. At least the cork tiles are easy to cut either with a Stanley knife or a pair of scissors. It would be a horribly awkward job to cut ceramic or stone tiles to fit the kitchen. I was worried that I didn't have enough tiles but I've got 6 left over. I might use them to do the whole of the recess where the fridge is.
This morning I saw a deer out in the field but instead of the usual walking around and grazing it would eat for a moment and then bounce around for a bit, almost in circles before eating another mouthful. Eventually I saw the reason for this change in behaviour, another deer came out into the field. I don't know if they were the same 2 I've seen before.

No comments: