Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 25 May 2014

Wet.

It's been raining all day so here are a couple of my hanging basket surfinias taken yesterday. 
I don't like to go shopping on a Sunday but needs must so this morning I went into town. First stop Lidl's to buy fruit and veg, then Tesco's for their cheap cottage cheese and to use a couple of money off vouchers and finally to B&Q for varnish and more wood worm treatment. I also picked up another tray of reduced surfinias which I am sure I can squeeze into the baskets and a highly reduced waterlily, a double white one, which I hope will thrive.
Then it was back home to give the whole of the skirting board and the back of the cupboard another coat of woodworm killer and then get on with the floor. I discovered that the new metric tiles are slightly smaller than the old ones which must have been imperial. I hope I have enough tiles to complete the job. This is the first section of the floor tiled and with one coat of varnish. I shall give it another coat of varnish before we go to bed. (Yes lazy me, I painted the wall around the cupboard when I was decorating the room last year.)

1 comment:

Harriet said...

Your surfinias look wonderful...looks like a big job laying the cork tiles. I have neighbors who had cork tiles installed and they love them. Sunny here so out I go to weed, weed and weed some more.