Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 30 May 2014

Sunny Afternoon.

I looked out of the window this morning and saw both of the deer again. This time they were right by the fence so I could tell they were the same ones I have been watching for a while. It looked as if the hind was going to show the stag how to get out through the gap in the fence. It was me that originally pulled off the bar going across  to make it easier to get into the field for occasional forays, usually to look for interesting plants, so I thought that I ought to go and repair it. Especially as I don't want the deer munching their way through my garden. I carefully walked the plank that spans the stream, battled my way through the brambles and then attached loops of cord to the fence so that the top and middle bars are kept in place but can be swung aside to make it easier if I do want to go in the field.
The morning was cold and gloomy again, ideal to finish off the kitchen floor. I even tiled the space where the fridge slots in. 
The kitchen before ....
 and the kitchen now.
(Still stuff to put away as usual.)
The sun appeared at lunchtime and it has been the most glorious afternoon and evening. I did some work up in the new veg plot, shifting 3 large paving slabs to make a path and then planting french beans, peas and mangetout. Even though the packets say they don't need support I've put twigs in anyway. I think this is the best time in a veg garden, when the ground is clear, seeds and sticks are in and there is the hope of fresh vegetables. It sort of goes downhill from here on with weeds making an appearance and slugs munching their way through the new growth.
Later I finally got a chance to sit in the sun and read. It's 8.00 now and the sun is still shining up in the scree garden and in the fields. Cutting down those trees really has made a difference.

2 comments:

happyone said...

Love the fence pictures and all the flowers are so very pretty.

Harriet said...

The floor looks great...bet you have a good feeling of accomplishment. My son has deer that visit his yard...lots to eat and they do. Glad the sun comes more to your corner of the world thanks to cutting down the tree.