Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 8 May 2014

Wet.

It has been windy and raining all day long. Each time I looked out of the windows this morning all I could see were sheets of rain going across the garden. I did some housework then finally got round to working on some earrings. So far I've combined a couple of odd earrings to make one wearable pair and had some ideas on remodeling some of my other earrings. I went to work this afternoon teaching a Year 2 class and there the rain was very light so we were still able to go out for playtime. On the way home I could see the low clouds right down over the tops of the hills and I had only driven a mile before I entered the cloud layer. 
 I couldn't even see into the fields on either side of the road.
This morning I made a brief foray into the garden to collect and dispose of the slugs and snails on my plants, mainly the aubretia and the wisteria. The poor wisteria flowers had about 40 finger sized slugs on them, yuck. I tip the beasties into the fast flowing stream and hope the ducks gobble them up. 
This evening I helped Peter load up his car with lots of computer hardware, monitors, cables, routers from when he did his degree course and lots of small bits and pieces. Tomorrow after work he is driving over to Exeter to give them to a charity which will be sending them out to educational establishments and community projects. It's good to be able to clear stuff and see it go somewhere it is needed. 


No comments: