Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 4 May 2014

Dry.

After listening to last week's Archers omnibus (shock, horror, didn't see that coming even though we enjoy making up the most outrageous plot twists), I looked out of our bedroom window to see this young stag in the field.
He had some nasty wounds in his side but they look to be healing and he didn't behave like a 'sick' animal.  It looks as if he was the loser in a fight with a bigger, stronger stag. 
Today I've been hedge cutting again and I've cut everything that I can reach from the front. It's no work of topiary but at least I've been able to remove the thick branches growing from the top thanks to the long branch loppers and generally tidied up. While I did that Peter mowed all the grass which was good as I was surprisingly worn out by the hedge trimming. At least today I picked up the cuttings as I went along which gave me a chance to cool down. When I tried cutting the hedge in just my t-shirt my arms got quite scratched by the sharp twigs so I had to wear my heavy old gardening coat and get rather hot. It's Bank Holiday Monday tomorrow so naturally the forecast is for rain which is why I worked so hard today.

No comments: