Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 11 December 2016

Foggy.

The skies were clear before dawn this morning so I had a rare view of the stars. Once the sun came up there was some fog/low cloud lingering over the trees but instead of burning off the fog increased until it filled our valley. I took these photos at 3.30 when I could see some blue if I walked up the hill a bit but in the garden it was grey and damp. Peter went rowing in the afternoon and out on the river it was bright and sunny if a bit cold.
At least it wasn't raining so I was able to get out and pull up more of the grass growing over the bank. The ground is nice and soft so with a bit of care I could pull out the grass roots too.  No doubt more will still grow in the spring but I had the satisfaction of getting rid of plenty of grass today.
One thing about gardening is that so often I find myself being diverted from the task in hand. Walking up the stones steps from the house I just had to stop and pull up all the grass seedlings growing between the stones. Then as I admired the winter flowering heathers full of buds ready to flower the long grass growing up through the bushes had to be removed. That done I did clear most of the grass from the bank which was my original goal.
Squeaky, very wisely decided that sleeping was the best option.

No comments: