Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 23 December 2016

Getting Stormy.

A sturdy holly branch gave my 'tree' a bit of height and new places from which I could hang more decorations. I'm blogging early today as Vytas and Sally will be arriving some time this evening. All I had to do today was a bit of housework and I've also chopped up the boiled beetroot ready to put in a bean salad tomorrow and topped up the bottle of home made dressing.
It was still warm today, 11C/52F (figures from Metcheck), but I could see the tops of the trees moving and the wind was already roaring through the tall trees. It's now raining heavily (just got worse) and it seems that Storm Barbara is passing more to the north of the UK than originally predicted. Last night's shipping forecast did say winds up to force 9 round Lundy and the Bristol Channel and looking out of the window I can well believe it. Luckily I went up and checked the dams earlier so there is no need for an emergency check in the pouring rain.

1 comment:

happyone said...

Have a great visit with your son.
A very happy Christmas to you and your family.