Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 28 August 2018

A Little Brighter

Still mostly grey today but a little brighter with the occasional patch of blue. It didn't feel too cool and we even managed to spend some time sitting out in the garden. I took a chance and did some washing which dried enough to be ironed. I got into the habit of ironing sheets because I've never had a drier and needed to iron out the last bit of dampness. Not to mention how nice freshly ironed sheets are. I was with a group of people recently who said they never ironed sheets but I guess they must have driers.
The conservatory is looking even tidier now. I had a plastic crate filled with my every day gardening tools in there. It which looked a bit messy so I brought an old tall swing bin box from the garage, washed it out and put my gardening stuff in there. The cats are now using the outside litter box which was my long term plan so I can now work at the table in the conservatory.
I knew the difficult neighbour was back when I saw him driving over the grass to get to his parking spot. The council came and mowed the grass this morning but leaving the cut grass does make it look messy (apart from my bit).

1 comment:

happyone said...

I've never ironed sheets but that is a good idea about drying the last dampness out of them. I will give that a try.