Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 5 August 2018

Hot.

It's been sunny all day and the wind has been in exactly the right direction to blow through the house since as usual I have all the windows open. It has been a bit too hot to sit out in the sun for long. Our neighbours are having a birthday BBQ out in their back garden so it's not exactly peaceful out there. We can't complain because it doesn't happen too often. At least their music choice of the radio station that plays 70's and 80's music is recognisable. I simply turned up the volume on my headphones while I read for a while and then did my exercises.
Last night the sound of fireworks had me peering out of the bedroom window to see where they came from (I'm still trying to get my head down relatively early). At first there was nothing to see and then over the hills north of us I spotted some very large fireworks which I watched with childish glee. A look on-line today revealed they were the finale to the Combe Martin Carnival. 
While I was making the pancakes yesterday I discovered that the inside of the cooker extractor hood was horribly greasy. When we first moved in I changed the filter and gave the hood a good clean but somehow that panel must have been missed. I keep some dishwasher tables for soaking stubborn stains and today I dissolved one in some hot water and used that to clean off the grease. That made the job a lot easier.

No comments: