Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 3 August 2018

Humid.

It was an overcast and very humid morning as I walked up to the hospital for my physiotherapy appointment. The physio dealt only with my knee issues but will discuss my shoulder queries at my next appointment in a month's time. Regarding the knee, she gave me some more muscle strengthening exercises, suggested trying heat instead of a cold compress at night (hot water bottle currently on my knee) and said I need to 'pace' my activities ie if I walk into town stop for a coffee or get my husband to collect me and split my cycling into two sessions. Basically it sounded as if I need to spend my days watching tv or sitting at the pc. What kind of a life would that be? However I'll keep on with the exercises and try and 'pace' myself. 
Walking along the  country lane I spotted some autumnal berries. Blackberries turning red and plenty of sloes for anyone who makes sloe gin.

I took a short diversion to the road that was our first choice when looking for a house in Pilton. The rooms are a decent size and the rear gardens back onto the fields around Manning's Pit. 
I had some fun researching places on Dartmoor that have car parks giving access onto the moor for the next time we head off. I also rethreaded an ankle bracelet that was a bit too big when I first made it.
My first morning glory flower (bought from the hedgehog fete). 
In the afternoon the heat and blue skies returned making it pleasant to sit outside and read followed by doing my exercises outside as well. Just before 8.00 I looked out of the window to see a massive cloudbank stretching as far as I could see to the north and to the south. Half an hour later it had made its way inland turning the world gloomy again.

No comments: