Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 1 August 2018

Windy.

The weather has been much the same as yesterday; windy, cloudy and sometimes sunny. I got carried away with my housework and washed the kitchen and dinning room floors after doing the routine cleaning. That done I did some gardening. One bonus of having a small garden is that I can weed and prune the whole lot in a single session. Many of the hydrangea blooms had literally been burnt by the sun and needed pruning. 
I also made a start on altering the second pair of trousers. So far they've been pinned and tacked but are not quite ready for the sewing machine. I'm not the most skilled of seamstresses and it's not a good idea to keep on when I start getting tired. Incidentally sewing was my only ever exam failure, chopping off the excess fabric when a mitred corner went wrong was not the right thing to do.
A touch of pink in yesterday's evening sky.

No comments: