Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 2 August 2018

Hot.

My sleep routine plan fell apart last night as after an hour's sleep I woke up and eventually got up. Stayed awake until 2.00 when I could if I wanted take more tablets but decided to see if I would sleep without them. Fell asleep and woke again at 4.00 when I gave in and took the tablets making it not so easy to wake up this morning. I'll need to be up bright and early tomorrow as finally a letter came from the physiotherapy department. I still had to phone them up to make an appointment, the first time it went to answer phone but the second time I struck lucky and have an appointment at 9.00 tomorrow. Only 10 weeks since I was referred to them by my GP.
After an overcast and very humid morning the temperature shot up as the blue skies reappeared. It looks like we're catching the top of the very hot weather that is sending Mediterranean temperatures sky high.
 Before.
Today I finished off altering the second pair of trousers. Like the other ones they had been bought in a sale as I liked the fabric. It was harder to alter these ones because of the cut of the fabric but eventually I was happy with them. A very strange thing happened when I was about to sew up the hems, the sewing machine suddenly began sewing on its own! I was working on the floor of my study and was not touching the pedal switch. It gave me a great surprise and I quickly switched off the machine. I can only think that maybe the fabric had fallen across the pedal and moved it enough to get it going.
 After.

Housework and sewing took up most of my day and once again I hoovered the fallen petals off the lower garden steps. Easier than with a brush and pan.

No comments: