Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 27 August 2018

Grey.

A cool grey day with some light showers. Typical Bank Holiday weather but even so when I went out to get something from the garage there was hardly a car parked outside. All the vehicles (truck, 4x4 & several cars) belonging to our difficult neighbour were conspicuous by their absence and his garage door was left open with much less than is usually there, inside. Has he perhaps finally sold his house? No doubt my next door neighbour will soon tell me what's going on.
I went to the garage to get some lino, saved from the bathroom to put over the cats' litter box. I've moved it outside and the recent heavy rain had got in at the front and back. The lino, which is a speckled grey colour, should keep the rain out.   
Jobs today have included baking more chocolate and peanut butter cookies for Peter and altering a sports vest that I bought the other day. And I've been trawling through the property ads on-line. Every once in a while I find something that is almost right which keeps me optimistic.
The hanging basket by the front door is just about coming to an end, most of the surfinias have finished and the lobelia is also struggling. Annoyingly (because who isn't competitive) my neighbour's hanging baskets filled with hanging begonias and diascia still look superb. mind you she did get them done professionally. Perhaps I'll go for begonias next year.

No comments: