Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 23 September 2022

Sunny.

A lovely day for the autumn equinox. 
Yesterday's mist and rain had left the windows very mucky so before breakfast I was out there giving them a wash. At least the squeegee on a pole makes the job quick and easy and then we were able to enjoy the view.
The first thing we saw was this partial rainbow? over the sea. (Can be see on the left of the photo if you squint.) I've had a look to see if it was another meterological phenomenum but all I could find were sun dogs and they appear beside the sun which was behind me so rainbow it must have been.
The next thing of note was this chap collecting up the large buoys that mark the 8 knot speed limit for the inner part of the bay. A sign that winter is coming and that the holiday season is over. (I could have borrowed a better photo from FB but I'm having major problems with FB today.)

And then it was time to go do some more gardening (is it any wonder I can confidently say - I was gardening yesterday/I like gardening/ I was working in the garden/ I garden at the zoo - in Welsh?). It was so warm and sunny in the front garden I was working with bare arms and wondering if I should go and get a sunhat but it soon got cloudier. I've begun digging up the turf outsde the path that goes around the lawned circle. While my plans may well change it will define the circle and give me something to focus on as I contemplate the garden and allow ideas to develop. Whatever happens that ground will need to be dug over and all the grass and wildplants removed so clearing it now isn't a wasted effort. I cleared one corner completely then realised that it will be easier to fork over the turf and leave it to dry before shaking out the plants. Of course if money (and hired workers) was unlimited I could just dispose of the turf and buy in new soil as needed but that also goes against my nature so grubbing about it is.

As I worked I could hear the sound of Peter breaking up the cast iron bath with the sledge hammer. I didn't think he would manage it but the next thing I knew he'd phoned Pete the scrap man who had come and they were loading up the broken pieces on to his truck. All was well in my world until I realised that there is a problem with my plan for a cupboard in the bathroom. I don't see how I can have a cupboard (apart from a small one for the pipes and stuff) while at the same time having a large easy access shower without a door should either of us have to use a walking frame or wheelchair at some point in the future. I think I'll have to abandon my plans for a cupboard.
My biggest problem this afternoon, and in the scale of world problems or other people's problems it's not much at all but it has sent me into a real plughole of despair. FB!! It's too complicated to go into but due to me not accepting cookies and putting the highest settings on my on-line security I ended up with something I didn't understand. Called Peter and on his advice decided to change my FB password. That was a mistake as instead of just getting a code by email, three times out of four nothing arrived!, you have to go through extra levels of verification. Either phone three friends to get them to verify me - no thank you or identify some of my past comments. After a very long wait I did so only to have them denied. Trying again but if that fails I'll leave it until tomorrow. It's silly but FB is my link to family, friends and the wider world. Few and far between phone calls are just not the same.
Peaceful evening clouds.

 

No comments: