Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 4 September 2022

Two Walks.

Yesterday grey, today Borthbados and incredibly hot. By the end of the afternoon I wondered if thunderstorms might be brewing, indeed there is a yellow warning out for thunderstorms and I can see a bank of black clouds building up inland.
Just a shame it hadn't been like this yesterday as I would have loved to show off our new home in the best of weather.
We used up all the porridge oats so after a leisurely and late (didn't have a good night) breakfast I set off for the shop.
Taking a long diversion up the beach and back again first as it would have been a shame to waste the lovely day. 
The fledgling seagulls still have the instinct to stay still when danger walks past.
I did my usual route to the end of this cove before returning and popping into  the shop. Outside the shop I met first one and then another of my walking group and found out that for the first time the 'no walk this week-end' email had been superseded by another suggesting a walk today meeting by the shop. With the promise that the group would wait for me I rushed back home, grabbed a drink, sunhat, a couple of apples and biscuits and my backpack and got Peter to drive me back down the road. I was only wearing walking sandals but they were fine for what was a mostly smooth route.
Back along the beach we went then went up on the path that runs above the beach as two people had brought dogs along. We made an early lunch stop up by the golf course as one of the group was having trouble with his back and needed to sit for a while. After a lunch break and a swim for a few most of the group headed back early while some of us cut across the golf course and down to the Leri river where we headed back behind the village. 
I was especially keen to explore new paths and I was pleased to find that being all on tracks this would be a good route for walking with Peter. This part of the river is more of a canal which was made to help drain the bog and to reroute the river away from the village and the railway. 
It was lovely and peaceful with the wind blowing through the rushes and the sun shining on the distant hills. We turned away from the river and followed a footpath that took us beside the church and onto the lane that goes past the community gardens. 
I felt a couple of drops of rain on the last part of our walk but so far that's all we've had. At home I climbed up into the loft and retrieved a painting from the loft, thank goodness for my obsessive cataloguing of all the art work. I've marked the spot in our bedroom where it is going to hang but we've only got single picture hooks left so the actual installing of the picture will have to wait until I get a double hook. Better safe than sorry.

 

No comments: