Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 14 September 2022

Windy.

Sunny today with a brisk wind stirring up whitecaps across the bay.
A good day to cycle down to the zoo for my weekly dose of animals other than the cat.
Most of my weeding today was in an established flower bed next to the wolf-dogs who both sniffed my fingers through the wire.
The ponies were sporting smart face masks to keep the flies out of their eyes. I gave my neck and bare arms a good spray with insect repellant before starting work so the only thing that bit me was a vicious rose branch which drew blood. Luckily I carry a mini first aid kit with antiseptic wipes and plasters as plants can have all sorts of nasties on them.
Two very happy pigs.
On my way home a flock of sheep were hiding from the sun in a small grove of trees.
Once home there was just time for a quick coffee before getting on with more gardening in the front garden. At least this time I could do most of it sitting on one of the wide garden steps. I feel bad about putting bucketfuls of crocosmia corms in the bag going to the dump to be composted but there is a limit to how much crocosmia I can keep in the garden. As it is all the troughs by the street have crocosmia in and there is more under the street hedge and down at the far end of the garden. All too soon it was time for a shower before going off to the choir in Tal-y-Bont. Just for fun some of the choir turned up wearing dungarees of all varieties. It's that sort of crowd. A good evening's singing though the last song proved a real challenge. We'd think we'd got the tune sorted but as soon as one of the other groups was being taught their part that would take over and we'd forget our part completely. And this was a song with three verses and a chorus rather than the usual one or two verses. I'm sure we'll get there in the end. Incidentally I noticed this afternoon that the tinitus had gone, what a relief though it has returned in a much milder form tonight.

 

No comments: