Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 8 September 2022

Wet.

Lots of rain today but still very warm. The air feels very heavy and the pressure is giving lots of people headaches.
The community gardens are even further away so I didn't risk cycling. Instead I drove and parked in the church car park.


The sun was shining as I arrived but it wasn't long before the showers started up again.


Fortunately we were able to keep dry in 'The Watershed' as we waited for the lady that brings the cake. Today it was Dorset Apple Cake, full of moist apples and crunchy walnuts. 
Oh dear, it has just been announced that the Queen died peacefully at Balmoral this afternoon. While I am not a royalist losing somebody is always sad for the family and it is especially hard when they are under such scrutiny by the world's media. So now we have King Charles III. 
I spent the very wet afternoon catching up with my Hobbit Journal. One reason that it takes me so long to do is that I can't resist reading through at least the most current of the books before I even start collating the daily sentences I jot down after blogging. But that is the reason I write the journals, to provide a summary of our life that helps me remember past events. Otherwise the days simply roll into each other. Reading through revives clear memories and brings home just how much we have achieved.
Peter has gone out for a Borth 2030 meeting (planning for the future of the village) so I've got one of my Welsh songs playing on loop which can get annoying to anyone else who has to listen to it, especially when I sing the chorus with enthusiasm. I've played the piano and the guitar today and just have my singing warm up to do.  

1 comment:

happyone said...

Sad about the Queen but she lived a good long life.